Thursday 5 January 2012

The last of the 2011 Christmas photos

The dining table at Christmas time although apart from the gold bows on the candlestick this is how it looks everyday as I only have the one set of cutlery, china, place mats and napkins due firstly to constantly moving homes around the UK in my first ten years of marriage as my husband was a civil engineer. Had more in the middle years of marriage due to bigger homes and more settled but then back again to the same set over the last 15 years due to very limited kitchen space in this, my retirement bungalow.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The Twig Tree when lit although unfortunately the camera flash makes everything look orange in the photos.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

My Christmas cards. Had wanted to lay them down on the living room neutral coloured carpet but can no longer get down to that level without someone having to haul me up so had to display them out on my bed instead.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I love peeking into someone else's home... thank you for allowing me into yours during the holidays... via cyberspace... lol!

    Silver makes such a *statement*... feels rich and looks luxurious... yours is gorgeous... a lovely well set table. (Even a *cool* laptop hiding behind the candlestick.)

    Your twig tree does look orange/luminious gold in the photographs.

    Enjoyed seeing your Sashas in the background dressed in their Christmas dresses... always good to have them nearby in case you want to share a secret or two.

    WOW... what a beautiful display of cards!
    Clever idea to put them on the bed... commercial cards, hand-made cards, the ever-so personal family photo cards and Sasha cards... such a bounty of cards. I would say you have very very good friends world-wide and are quite loved.
    Hugs, -Anne
    p.s. Please let me know if you think my comments are too lengthy... I don't want to annoy anyone. I just see so much beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful photos Kendal! I love your table settings and the silver brings such lovely memories back of my childhood. Thank you so much for sharing the grace and beauty with us :)

    p.s. Anne's comments are so very nice and I hope she keeps writing :)

    ReplyDelete